Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Need a book/e-book, video, periodical, or other type of material available at Northeastern libraries?
Start with Scholar OneSearch -- One-stop searching for books, e-books, videos, articles, digital media and more. Search local Northeastern collections and global resources - many items available full text online.
Begin your search with these databases:
- Engineering Village (Includes Compendex and Inspec) - a comprehensive interdisciplinary engineering database. Contains over 43 million records, including journals, conferences and trade publications
- ScienceDirect - Science Direct is the web site for selected journal titles from the scholarly publisher Elsevier and its affiliates. Learn how to download articles directly to your mobile device.
- Knovel - primarily e-books, especially handbooks and scientific and engineering reference manuals and data. For certain properties there are specific chemical equations and digital graphs. Analyze data, sort, filter, and export from 'live tables', resolve equations and plot graphs, capture values from existing graphs and perform 'What If' experiments.
- Web of Science - indexes over 11,000 scholarly journals in the sciences (1975-present). Web of Science's strength is in its interdisciplinary focus and its ability to perform citation searching.
Need information about chemical substances?
- SciFinder-n - searches Chemical Abstracts and Medline with links to full text; includes property data and links to patents. Covers 1907 - present