NEW: LEXICOMP -- point-of-care drug information, including dosing, administration, warnings and precautions, as well as clinical content, such as clinical practice guidelines, IV compatibility from Trissel's 2 Clinical Pharmaceutics Database, and other tools
NEW: EMBASE -- biomedical research database covering the most important international biomedical literature from 1947 to the present
NEW: ACCESSNEUROLOGY -- Ebooks, videos and more. Topics cover the entire spectrum of neurology from the basics to specialty-specific content from authoritative experts. Includes the Interactive Neuroanatomy Atlas
• Medline (Ebscohost) - Authoritative information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, and the equivalent of PubMed.
• International Pharmaceutical Abstracts - A comprehensive index covering 40 years of worldwide pharmaceutical literature.
• NEW Embase-- a versatile and up-to-date biomedical research database covering the most important biomedical literature from 1947 to the present day with more than 32+ million records from 8,200 journals and ‘grey literature’ from over 2.4 million conference abstracts. International in scope and useful for performing literature reviews and systematic reviews.
• Facts & Comparisons Clinical eAnswers - Contains authoritative and comprehensive drug information with standards for reliability.
• Micromedex- a collection of many different drug information databases and a rich source of full-text tertiary literature. Use is prohibited at clinical sites. (For Neofax, please note the browser limitation.)
• AccessPharmacy - an online curricular resource for pharmacy education.
See a longer list of Core Resources for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
AHFS Drug Information Note: the library now subscribes to this title from LexiComp not StatRef
Pediatric Injectable Drugs (The Teddy Bear Book) -Note: the library now subscribes to this title from Proquest not StatRef
The Spring 2020 citation management workshop series is now over.
View recordings of spring and fall workshops, which cover these topics: Endnote, RefWorks, Zotero, Mendeley, Intro to Citation Management.
Book series include informative updates on advances in a field. Encyclopedias help to clarify terms and concepts that are central to a topic.
What is the lock symbol? This means you can access the information if you are a Northeastern University affiliate (current student, faculty, or staff).
Nature Journals Online–The flagship journal Nature is is the most highly cited interdisciplinary science journal according to ISI's journal citation reports; Northeastern's subscription includes a number of sister titles.
JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments, is the world's first peer reviewed scientific video journal.
The Library subscribes to the following sections of JoVE: Biology, Medicine (NEW as of Fall 2019), Neuroscience, Bioengineering, Immunology and Infection, and sections of JoVE Science Education Database (Basic Biology, Advanced Biology, Chemistry, and Physics). Essentials of Neuroscience is part of the Advanced Biology section.
SimplyAnalytics (formerly SimplyMap)
Boston, as seen in OpenStreetMap.
Do you need to analyze an area's demographics in order to assess where pharmacy services are needed? Here is a resource that requires no technical knowledge of GIS software but allows you to create thematic maps and reports.
This mapping application helps you to visualize thousands of demographic, business, health, crime, and marketing data variables including Mediamark and Simmons Consumer Data. Data from 2000 onwards.
(current NU only)
Micromedex searches multiple drug information databases and is a rich source of full-text tertiary literature.
Included in our institutional subscription is onsite and remote access to the following resources:
• Drugs (DRUGDEX®, DrugNotes, RED BOOK™ Online)
• Drug interactions (DRUG-REAX®)
• Drug identification (IDENTIDEX®)
• Diseases (DISEASEDEX™)
• Toxicology (POISINDEX®)
• Laboratory tests (Lab Advisor®)
• Alternative medicines (AltMedDex®)
• IV compatibility (IV INDEX®)
• Patient education (CareNotes®, Detailed Drug Information for the Consumer)
as well as access to medical calculators and more Micromedex solutions.
For mobile device options, see:
NOTE: Use is prohibited at clinical sites.
PIVOT (COS) --funding opportunities--a database for locating funds for grants, fellowships, prizes and other types of funding from the public and private sector, including governments, foundations, and corporations
Science Citation Index (SCI) is a subset of the Web of Knowledge. After setting the search to SCI, use the Cited reference searching to track prior research, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of someone's work, and navigate forward, backward and through the literature of your discipline. Linked to EndNoteWeb.
Proquest Dissertations & Theses Global Over 2 million entries, Proquest Dissertations is the single, central, authoritative resource for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses. More than 600,000 dissertations are available in native or image PDF formats for immediate free download. Dissertations published from 1980 forward include 350-word abstracts. Master's theses published from 1988 forward include 150-word abstracts.
Natural Medicines is an evidence-based database for alternative medicine. It uses rigorous standards to evaluate the efficacy and safety of herbs, supplements, and complementary treatments. For example, check to see if wheatgrass has any known adverse effects or interactions with other herbs, foods, or medicines.