This guide is here to help you find the resources available to you through NU Library as well as free and web-based resources relevant to pharmacy and pharmaceutical science interests. The tabs identify the type of information you will find on that page.
• Medline (Ebscohost) - Authoritative information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, and the equivalent of PubMed (open access).
• International Pharmaceutical Abstracts - A comprehensive index covering 40 years of worldwide pharmaceutical literature.
• Embase-- a versatile and up-to-date biomedical research database covering the most important biomedical literature from 1947 to the present day with more than 32+ million records from 8,200 journals and ‘grey literature’ from over 2.4 million conference abstracts. International in scope and useful for performing literature reviews and systematic reviews.
• Facts & Comparisons Clinical eAnswers - Contains authoritative and comprehensive drug information with standards for reliability.
• Micromedex- a collection of many different drug information databases and a rich source of full-text tertiary literature. Use is prohibited at clinical sites.
• AccessPharmacy - an online curricular resource for pharmacy education.
See a longer list of Core Resources for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
What is the lock symbol? This means you can access the information if you are a Northeastern University affiliate (current student, faculty, or staff).
(current NU only)
Micromedex searches multiple drug information databases and is a rich source of full-text tertiary literature.
Included in our institutional subscription is onsite and remote access to the following resources:
• Drugs (DRUGDEX®, DrugNotes, RED BOOK™ Online)
• Drug interactions (DRUG-REAX®)
• Drug identification (IDENTIDEX®)
• Diseases (DISEASEDEX™)
• Toxicology (POISINDEX®)
• Laboratory tests (Lab Advisor®)
• Alternative medicines (AltMedDex®)
• IV compatibility (IV INDEX®)
• Patient education (CareNotes®, Detailed Drug Information for the Consumer)
as well as access to medical calculators and more Micromedex solutions.
For mobile device options, see:
NOTE: Use is prohibited at clinical sites.
"The scramble to control COVID-19 will stir up misinformation about meds and supplements," write the providers of the Pharmacist's Letter. Northeastern University affiliates can access the library's subscription to this publication here.
See the Pharmacist's Letter for information about these and other topics:
See also: COVID-19 and Pharmacotherapy (chart and info re: emergency use of unapproved product remdesivir)