Skip to main content
We are still offering consultation services during the COVID-19 move to online instruction. Please feel free to reach out for virtual appointments! For more information on library services and resources, please click here.
Need a book/e-book, video, periodical, or other type of material available at Northeastern libraries?
Start with Scholar OneSearch -- One-stop searching for books, e-books, videos, articles, digital media and more. Search local Northeastern collections and global resources - many items available full text online.
Begin your search with these databases:
- Engineering Village (Includes Compendex and Inspec) - a comprehensive interdisciplinary engineering database. Contains over 9 million records, and references to over 5,000 international sources. including journals, conferences and trade publications, 1969 to present
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Research Library - A comprehensive tool for locating articles of interest across in civil engineering. Access full-text papers from ASCE Journals and Proceedings. Approximately 4,000 new papers added each year. Search the whole library, Journals, ebooks, standards or proceedings only. Includes ASCE Collections on Special Topics.
- GreenFILE (EBSCOhost) - Drawing on the connection between the environment and disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology, GreenFILE is an informative resource for anyone concerned about our planet. The database contains nearly 300,000 records, full text for selected titles, and also searchable cited references for more than 200 titles. Note: Not affiliated with NU? Choose the open access version of GreenFILE
- TRID - an integrated database that combines the records from TRB’s Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) Database and the OECD’s Joint Transport Research Centre’s International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD) Database. TRID provides access to more than 1.25 million records of transportation research worldwide.
- ScienceDirect - Science Direct is the web site for selected journal titles from the scholarly publisher Elsevier and its affiliates. Learn how to download articles directly to your mobile device.
- Web of Science (ISI) - indexes over 11,000 scholarly journals in the sciences (1975-present). Web of Science's strength is in its interdisciplinary focus and its ability to perform citation searching.