Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get started with Scholar OneSearch
Scholar OneSearch can be a great place to start your research. Search results include books (both print and electronic), articles, videos, data sets, and more.
Springer publishes a wide array of high quality titles in Computer and Information Science, including authoritative encyclopedias and the premier Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Synthesis This link opens in a new window
eBook collection (EBSCOhost) This link opens in a new window
Registration for an ebscohost account and Adobe Digital Editions are required if you wish to download complete eBooks to your computer or reading device.
Ebrary Academic Complete This link opens in a new window
Books@Ovid This link opens in a new window
Full eBooks Subject Guide
For full details on the library's ebook collections and tips on navigating them, visit the extensive Ebook Subject Guide
Using Scholar OneSearch
To find books or e-books, you'll want to use Scholar OneSearch - the Northeastern Library Catalog.
Once you've searched for the topic you're interested in (ex. 'bioengineering and stem cells'), Scholar OneSearch will return a list of as many materials as possible related to your topic. This will include books and e-books, as well as some articles, videos, dissertations, and more.
The easiest way to search Scholar OneSearch is to limit your search to a particular material type, such as books or e-books. To do this, use the filter on the left hand side of the screen to select the material type(s) you're interested in and click 'Apply'. You can also exclude material types from your search by hovering over the material type and clicking the red check box on the right hand side of the material type.
Tips for using Scholar OneSearch
- Try using the advanced search to specify a subject and author you are interested in at the same time.
- Sign in to Scholar OneSearch to see additional results. Some databases, such as Web of Science, won't allow their results to populate Scholar OneSearch for anyone who is not signed in.
- Use the filters on the left hand side of the search results page. Some of the most popular filters are material type (to limit to a specific type of research such as an e-book or e-journal), author/creator (to see who is prominently publishing in the field), and year (to limit to research in a particular time period).
Search Terms to Consider
Consider using some of these search terms to get you started. You can play around with the key terms in our ScholarOne Search, in our Ebook libraries, or in our databases.
- nonprofit organizations AND management
- public administration AND planning
- nonprofit organizations AND decision making
- nonprofits AND strategic planning
If we don't have access to an article or book you need...
Try using Northeastern's Interlibrary Loan system to request books, book chapters, or articles not available at NU. Articles can be delivered electronically.