Please make sure you have completed the following online training:
The library website is one of your most powerful tools to help patrons. There is information about all the services and materials that the library offers to patrons, as well as detailed explanations of our policies. This training is designed to familiarize you with the website and allow you to explore the site.
Please review the tutorials in this subject guide to learn more about what Scholar OneSearch can offer.
Library Website Scavenger Hunt
The library website is one of your most powerful tools to help patrons. There is information about all the services and materials that the library offers to patrons, as well as detailed explanations of our policies. This training is designed to familiarize you with the website and allow you to explore the site. Try to find the answers by yourself, but if you’re having trouble, feel free to ask your supervisor to help find the specific page. There is also a library FAQ page in the upper right corner of the screen which may be helpful in answering the questions.
Please keep the library website open in another tab as you answer the questions, you will need it in order to be successful! Email your answers to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What other libraries can patrons use, and what page on the website should they/you visit to get information on reciprocal libraries?
2. A student is looking to do some research on game design. What page contains the subject guide for their research, and who is their subject librarian?
3. A faculty member wants to know if someone else can borrow books on their account. Is this possible? What page on the website gives the information about this?
4. A student has lost a book, and they’re interested in knowing how to replace it. What page on the website has information on it? What do you tell them?
5. Who is the dean of the library and what is his phone number? (hint, there is a library staff directory)
6. An alumni calls and wants to know what sort of borrowing privileges they have. What do you tell them?
7. Someone calls and says that they want to do some research in the archives. They are not a part of Northeastern. What sort of research services are available to them, and which page gives the information on the website?
8. Explore the website! Tell me three things that are on there that you didn’t know about (outside of this list).
Username: IDEAS1, IDEAS2, IDEAS3, IDEAS4
You should be logging into your personal account. For the generic account (training only):