Point of Care Resources
Anatomy.tv is a comprehensive multimedia suite of interactive modules featuring highly accurate 3D models of the human body. Animations illustrate function, biomechanics and movement, as well as treatments and surgical procedures. Modules include systemic anatomy, regional anatomy, sports & therapy, surgery and specialty titles.
Within Anatomy.tv you can:
- Demonstrate muscle function in 3D with interactive animations that illustrate the interaction of muscles, ligaments and bones
- Review clinical videos to gain a better understanding of procedures and treatments
- Peel away layers, zoom, rotate anatomical models 360 degrees, and reconstruct layers back to their original structure
- Export images, text, movies, and animations to use in presentations and patient handouts
Anatomy and Medical Images
Links to websites for medical images of human anatomy and physiology
How Can I Find Practice Guidelines in Databases?
Databases are a rich source of guidelines. Select a database and conduct a search on the specific condition, for example, migraine
- ClinicalKey: Click the "Guidelines" link, or search by topic and use the "Guidelines" filter.
- Medline and CINAHL Complete: look to the left of your results, click on "Show More" under the date limit slider, select "Practice Guideline" under the Publication Type filter, click "Search".
- PubMed: look under the "Article Types" section to the left of your results, click on "Customize", select "Practice Guideline", click "Show", then click on the "Practice Guideline" option that is displayed under Article Types.
- TRIP: look to the right of your results, select the "Guidelines" by evidence type.