Support for Research Activity and Publishing
Teaching and Learning Support
Data Visualization and GIS
Data visualization or information visualization is a very broad term used to describe any visual representation of information. This can be anything from charts and graphs, to sketches and diagrams, to posters and presentations. Anything that help communicate information visually. Here at Snell, we usually help people with things like creating dashboards, maps, and tables of data.
NIH Public Access Policy
"To advance science and improve human health, NIH makes the peer-reviewed articles it funds publicly available on PubMed Central. The NIH public access policy requires scientists to submit final peer-reviewed journal manuscripts that arise from NIH funds to PubMed Central immediately upon acceptance for publication."
NIH Grant Proposal Policy Change
When? Begins January 25, 2023
Why? "NIH has a longstanding commitment to making the results of NIH-funded funded research available. Responsible data management and sharing has many benefits, including accelerating the pace of biomedical research, enabling validation of research results, and providing accessibility to high-value datasets."
What must I do? As of January 25, 2023, include a 1-2 page DMSP for all NIH grant proposals. The DMSP must include these 6 elements.
Guidance from NIH
- Important guidance and resources from NIH, including a brief video from NIH introducing the NIH Scientific Sharing Data website
- NIH data sharing FAQs
- Resources and assistance for Northeastern researchers
- DMPTool helps demystify the process of creating a DMP or DMSP.
- Look for the "NIH-GEN DMSP (Forthcoming 2023) template” in the Create Plan section.
Map AccessMedicine and AccessPhysiotherapy Content to Your Course
McGraw-Hill offers course content maps to map resources from their digital medical sites to your syllabus. This will save you time from searching through their content. They are constantly being updated. See which programs are mapped.
A selection of courses with mapped content includes:
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Physician Assistant Program
- Healthcare Professionals During COVID-19
- MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- MSN Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
- Undergraduate Medical Education.
Nature Masterclasses has been developed by Nature Research to provide professional development training for researchers.
Nature Research's flagship publication is Nature, a weekly multidisciplinary journal first published in 1869. Nature Masterclasses draw on the expertise of journal editors at Nature Research.
Class topics include:
- Scientific writing and publication
- Persuasive grant writing
- Networking for researchers
- Many others