Northeastern University Resources
Religious groups (list of meetings/spaces courtesy of Center for Spirituality, Dialogue and Service)
- - - - - - - - - - -
There are many student organizations at Northeastern-- find yours!
NU Pride (bisexual, lesbian, gay, straight, and transgender student alliance)
Search for all other student organizations, or view categories such as International & Cultural or Religious & Spiritual
Actress Laverne Cox shares life journey January 28, 2015
‘Our diversity is not a zero-sum game’ January 16, 2015
Tech, community leaders discuss workforce diversity December 8, 2014
3Qs: The power and press of black celebrity July 2, 2014
How diversity strengthens our community February 20, 2014
Cultural awareness overcomes lies and misconceptions June 2, 2011
University recognized for programs that nurture diversity March 23, 2011
Key Library Resources:
- African Newspapers 1800-1922 (World Newspaper Archive)
- Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- Historical Black Newspapers
- Jewish Studies Source
The Archives and Special Collections at the University Libraries has a collection of historically significant records of the University. Its Documenting Diversity initiative has focused on underdocumented communities in Boston-- specifically, the at-risk historical records of Boston's African American, Chinese, gay and lesbian, and Latino communities. View these online exhibits curated by the Archives and Special Collections:
Additional Northeastern University Links
- John D. O'Bryant African American Institute's vision is "to become a national model for African-American and African-Diaspora cultural and research centers that effectively provides service, programs, and engages the community and builds toward becoming self-supporting through research, development and alumni participation." The Institute was established in 1968. Read more about its history.
- Discover departments and programs in the College of Social Sciences and Humanities (including Department of African American Studies, Asian Studies Program, Jewish Studies Program, International Affairs Program).
- Learn about on-campus research institutes.
- Learn about the Institute on Race and Justice and Institute on Urban Health Research and Practice.
About This Guide
Email me any feedback you have about this guide -- tell me what's working and what's not.
About the Collection
Send me suggestions for new titles in this subject area.
About the Library
Use the library's Suggestion Box to send us your comments on anything else library-related.
SEE ALSO: related guides
Need research help? Take a look at one of the more specific, more extensive subject guides below. Each is maintained by a librarian at Northeastern. Contact the librarian for help with research or any questions about your topic.