H&I Desk Leads Training Manual
Welcome to the Leads team! Leads are students who have excelled in their positions as H&I Assistants and Access Proctors and are given increased responsibility and training. Leads are expected to be able to work at both service points, aid in training new students at both service points, and help with intermediate services like loaning keys, creating LibAnswers tickets, and working with upset customers. In this training, you will complete training at both service desks, watch advanced customer service training videos, and complete in-person training exercises with a supervisor.
If you have questions or comments about this training, contact Katie at email@example.com
Access Point or H&I Desk basic training
You should first start by completing the basic required training for both service points.
- If you were previously a Circulation Assistant, please complete the Access Point training.
- If you were previously an Access Proctor, please complete the H&I Desk training and Physical Collections training
Once you have completed these trainings, notify Katie so you can be scheduled for your first shift at the second service point.
H&I Leads Alma Account
The log in information for the H&I Leads account is stored on the IDEAS Student Employees team.
Always use the H&I Leads Alma for your shifts
Before continuing, you should have the following required Alma & SOS Knowledge:
- Search for a patrons account by their name, NUID or email
- Check to see when books are due on a patrons account
- See where a book on a patrons account is from (law library, ILL, etc..)
- See if a patron has fines
- Check a patron's requests
- Find what the status of a request is
- Check out a book to a patron
- Renew a book
- Return a book
- Request a book from the Annex
- Search for books, reserve books, e-books on Scholar OneSearch
- Submit an ILL request