Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please consult the individual science subject guides for a listing of journal databases important for the discipline.
The following are journal databases covering all science disciplines.
- Cambridge Univ. Press Journals On-Line Though humanities and social sciences are included, many science journals from Cambridge University Press are as well.
- Google Scholar. Site links to full text articles subscribed to by Northeastern University
- PLoS One interactive open-access journals for the communication of peer-reviewed scientific and medical research
- Science A journal of original scientific research, global news, and commentary.
- ScienceDirect Selected journal titles from the scholarly publisher Elsevier and its affiliates.
- ScienceResearch.com One stop, deep web search portal. Free.
- Springer LINK online journals
- Web of Science (ISI) Citation information and analysis, as well as author abstracts, are available in this multidisciplinary database covering 8,500 high impact research journals. Cited reference searching allows you to track prior research, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of someone's work, and navigate forward, backward and through the literature of your discipline. Linked to EndNoteWeb.
- Wiley Online Library Includes articles and chapters in books published by Wiley from across the sciences.
To find if Snell Library has a particular journal, please use the ejournal finder within Scholar One Search, the library's discovery tool. A title search by the name of the journal (not article title) will retrieve records for both print and electronic journals, with links to the journal for the latter.
To request a copy of a journal article that the library doesn't have, please use the ILLiad request form. Most often, an electronic copy of the article is emailed to you within 2-4 days.
Citation management tools