The policy resources listed in the boxes below are categorized geographically: national, state/regional, etc.
- Policy Commons and PolicyFile can help you identify policy organizations working in your area of interest.
- Also consider the American Policy Directory, an extensive list of policy organizations compiled by staff at the University of Oregon Libraries.
- Also, try the NU Library Public Policy and Urban Affairs Guide.
State Level Policy Resources
A number of these web sites facilitate comparative research across states.
- The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) creates portals and databases which compare issues/legislation across states (sample issues include medical and recreational marijuana; state immigration laws; sanctuary policies; and climate change).
- NCSL provides links to state legislatures.
- The Council of State Government Knowledge Center is a useful source for state data and performance indicators.