Welcome to the course guide for LDR 6110 with Professor Robbie! Use the links included in this guide to help you begin your research for this course. It is important to use reliable, authoritative resources when researching. The resources provided here are carefully selected to provide a strong foundation for more powerful reports.
If you need additional guidance in locating resources, please feel free to contact me for an appointment.
About the project
CoLAB Sponsor is a not-for-profit organization in Watertown, Massachusetts, connecting high school students with life science companies. The organization was recently incorporated and is in the early development stage. With the mission of inspiring high school student interest in STEM careers and facilitating career development engagements that build students’ abilities to navigate their futures. Sponsor programs currently feature career exploration lectures, field trips, an after-school CoLAB Club, and mentoring engagements.
While the organization has been in operation since 2019, it was only just incorporated as a 501c3 in April 2023 and is now looking to increase its outreach and impact. In order to scale their activities, enhance the quality of their work, and evolve into a truly sustainable business model, the sponsor requires financial support.
The organization is seeking assistance with the development of strategy and related materials in order to maintain and grow their reach to students and life science organizations.
- Help to define the CoLAB value proposition, explore possible pathways on how to expand CoLAB’s visibility, and create examples of recruitment messaging for:
b) life science companies, and
c) other local businesses within the Watertown, MA area.
- Review and critique the current pitch deck to ensure persuasive and compelling language that aligns with CoLAB’s value proposition and overall strategy.
Key Resources (Databases)
The databases listed below are core databases for general business, consumer information, and marketing databases.
To get started, below is a list of helpful search strategies, tips, and best practices to get you started. Try these keywords as suggestions (use your own for a more specific results page for your report)
- Nonprofits AND marketing
- nonprofit AND youth services AND STEM programming
- youth services AND business models AND best practices AND marketing
- "marketing plan" AND non profit
- marketing AND nonprofit AND STEM programming
- market* AND "youth services"
- "case stud*" AND market* AND STEM
- "case stud*" AND market* AND education AND job skills