Audio and Video Studios Hours
Northeastern students, faculty, and staff may use the DMC Studios to create projects, presentations and online instruction. DMC Studios staff collaborate with faculty across the curriculum to help plan and implement media-based assignments and teach skills. During hours of service, DMC Studios and staff assist individuals and groups with scholarly projects on a walk-in and appointment basis. Studio time may be requested through NUSSO.Media Creation Studios: Open when library staff and services are available at the 1st floor Help & Information Desk.
Creation and editing software is available on the adjacent DMC workstations, which may be booked on NUSSO. Staff is available to help. Online tutorials are available through Lynda.com.
Audio Recording Studio 209 SL
For recording of narration and music. Users must bring their own portable drives to save their work.
Studio time may be requested through NUSSO. Staff will follow up to confirm your reservation and help with set-up or training. First time users must complete studio orientation and skills assessment form.
• Speakers, microphone, monitors and more.
• Crush E3 Series Drum Set
• Yamaha Keyboard
Control Room 208 SL
For recording, tracking and mixing audio sources to create an audio master.
Equipment for Audio
• AVID C|24 control surface, which provides control of Pro Tools| HD mixing, recording, and editing. Mac Pro Computer.
• Software: Pro Tools HD, iLife, McDSP, SonMax, Izotope Ozone
Equipment for Video
• HD digital video switcher
• Big Knob studio command system
• Mac Pro with Black Magic Media Express for video capturing, and Final Cut Pro X for video editing.
• Leprecon LDC-4AV lighting board
• Zed 420 audio board
Video Recording Studio 207 SL
For recording interviews, presentations, or performances. Space may also be used for still photography. Orientation and training for use of this studio is required before first use.
• Green screen
• Leprecon professional lighting board and Barbizon lighting grid
• 4 TV-quality Panasonic camcorders
• Canon EOS Mark III 5D Cameras
• Allen & Heath 16 channel mixer
Studio time may be requested through NUSSO. Staff will follow up to confirm your reservation and help with set-up or training.
Media Creation Studios A & B (202 and 203 SL)
For basic audio and video recording, post-production and other learning object creation. Users must bring their own portable drives to save their work. Studio time may be requested through NUSSO. Staff will follow up to confirm your reservation and help with set-up or training. Faculty requesting assistance with the creation of online content or are creating flipped classroom techniques into their on-ground courses should contact Academic Technology Services, email@example.com.
• Each room has a Dell and iMac with a full suite of applications, as well as, Audacity, Camtasia, Presenter, Captivate, Story Line, Soft Chalk and Tegrity.
• USB Mic