Permalinks in Gale
Note: For most Gale databases, follow these instructions. There are a few exceptions to this pattern; see below for specifics.
As with all permalinks, you must first get to the specific item you want the permalink for.
- Perform your search in a Gale database and click the link for the specific article.
- Click on Citation Tools on the right side of the page.
- In the Citation window that appears, copy the entire Document URL.
This link will take you back to the entry for this specific item. If PDF or HTML full text was available, it will be available when you return via the permalink.
Gale databases that differ from this pattern:
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers
- 18th Century Collections Online
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- 19th Century U.S. Newspapers
- Artemis Primary Sources
- Illustrated London News 1842-2003
- London Times
- Times of London Digital Archive
Contact the Library if you need assistance with finding permalinks for articles in these databases, as there are multiple variations based on interface.