This guide includes video, text-based and interactive tutorials on a variety of interdisciplinary and subject-specific topics. These tutorials have largely been organized by stages in the research process. Clicking on the menu on the left side of the page will open up a list of the tutorial topics available on that page. You can also scan the comprehensive listing below.
Search Tips and Strategies
Scholarly/Peer Reviewed Sources
Data & Statistics
- Finding images using the Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- Public vs. private companies
- How to find information on private companies
- Market research: How to find industry information
- Market research: How to find company information
- Market research: How to find customer demographic information
- Market research: How to find country background information
- How to recognize a research article
- How to find peer reviewed articles
- Use the library to find educational controversies
- What are peer reviewed empirical studies (and how can I tell if I've found one?)
- How do I find peer reviewed empirical research articles?
- Empirical vs. theoretical articles
- How do I find action research?
- Locate information about theoretical frameworks
- Advanced search strategies for Education research
- Practitioner journals: what they are and how to find them
- How do I find cases and law review articles in Westlaw Campus Research?
- How do I find historical newspapers?
- How to create an O'Reilly for Higher Education Account
- Primary vs. review articles
- How do I find articles written by a nurse?
- How to read the title of a standard
- How do we know when to cite evidence?
- When do we need to cite the original source?
- How to cite figures in IEEE style
- How to cite interviews in IEEE style
- What is inclusive citation
- Patent searching strategies
- Patent searching: Google Patent search
- How can I create a more comprehensive search for literature in the health sciences?
- PubMed Essentials
- How to use MeSH terms in your PubMed search
- How to build a MeSH search
- How to find clinical trials in PubMed
- Web of Science
- Creating a review in Rayyan
- Inviting collaborators to your Rayyan review
- Deduplicating in Rayyan
- Title/abstract screening using Rayyan
- Full text screening using Rayyan