Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Big Dig Collections
Nancy Caruso Papers
- Nancy Caruso, Professor Emerita of Northeastern University and a community activist, was heavily involved with the Central Artery/Tunnel Project. She co-founded the North End Waterfront Central Artery Committee and was Chair of the North End Central Artery Advisory Committee, a member of the Mayor's Central Artery Completion Task Force, and a member of the Leadership Committee of the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy.
Central Artery Environmental Oversight Committee (Anne Fanton) Records
- Anne Fanton served as executive director of the Central Artery Environmental Oversight Committee which monitored environmental conditions of the Central Artery/Tunnel Project, known as the “Big Dig,” in Boston, Massachusetts from 1992–2009.
Daniel J. McNichol Papers
- Daniel J. McNichol was Deputy Director for Public Affairs and spokesperson for the Central Artery/Tunnel Project, also called "Big Dig.” He left the project in 2000 to write several books on the project, including "The Big Dig" and "The Big Dig at Night."
Jon Seward Papers [unprocessed]
- Activist Jon Seward is principle at Community Design Partnership (CDP) in Boston.
Mary Ellen Welch Papers
- Mary Ellen Welch, a community activist and former teacher in East Boston, Massachusetts, has been an advocate for East Boston residents on issues surrounding waterfront development, affordable housing, public schools, and the expansion of Logan International Airport.