Snell Library's books are arranged according to the Library of Congress Classification System, which groups books by subject. As a result, if you know the general call number range for a subject you are interested in, it's very easy to browse that section to find related material. Here are some of the relevant call number ranges for sport leadership and social issues:
- GV in general is Recreation and Leisure, which includes sports. Here are some subcategories within GV:
- GV191.2-200.66 for outdoor life and outdoor recreation
- GV201-555 for physical education and training
- GV557-1198.995 for sports (all)
- GV1199-1570 for games and amusements
- GN in general is Anthropology. Within this, use GN301-674 for ethnology and social and cultural anthropology.
- HD57.7 Leadership
- HM in general is Sociology (General).
- HT in general is Communities, Classes, and Races.
- HV is quite broad and covers Social Pathology, Social and Public Welfare, and Criminology. Subcategories:
- HV40-69 for social service, social work, and charity organization and practice
- HV701-1420.5 for protection, assistance, and relief for children specifically
- HV1421-1441 for protection, assistance, and relief for young adults, youth, or teenagers specifically
- HF in general is Commerce, so you might find information about the business of sport here.
- BF in general is Psychology.
Many of these sections in Snell Library are quite large, so it may be hard to find a specific topic of interest just by browsing. You may want to search our library catalog, Scholar OneSearch, to find some concrete items to start with. See the Virtual Browse feature in Scholar OneSearch to view an integrated browse of print and e-books. Feel free to ask at the Reference Desk or contact a librarian for help locating books on a specific subject.