Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To conduct research for academic purposes:
- Choose appropriate research databases and websites.
- Find the right types of sources for your research.
- Use search techniques that retrieve focused articles and other sources.
- Evaluate and analyze the sources that you find.
- Explore with an open mind, and as you read, return to searching, and adjust your topic and approach accordingly.
- Cite sources appropriately.
The pages in this section will help with common tasks in AWD courses and assignments. Please also view our video and PDF research tutorials!