This page is dedicated to resources that contain drug monographs or are specifically considered drug databases. Many of these are on the Getting Started page but I wanted to keep them grouped on their own page as well.
Our license to Lexicomp includes the below resources and more. The list of databases included can be found with this direct link.
(current NU only)
Micromedex searches multiple drug information databases and is a rich source of full-text tertiary literature.
Included in our institutional subscription is onsite and remote access to the following resources:
• Drugs (DRUGDEX®, DrugNotes, RED BOOK™ Online)
• Drug interactions (DRUG-REAX®)
• Drug identification (IDENTIDEX®)
• Diseases (DISEASEDEX™)
• Toxicology (POISINDEX®)
• Laboratory tests (Lab Advisor®)
• Alternative medicines (AltMedDex®)
• IV compatibility (IV INDEX®)
• Patient education (CareNotes®, Detailed Drug Information for the Consumer)
as well as access to medical calculators and more Micromedex solutions.
NOTE: Use is prohibited at clinical sites.
Licensed for used by Northeastern University affiliates.
These drug resources are made available to anyone with internet access. Always check resources About and sources to see where they get the content being provided. Is it a reputable with reviewers and transparent sources?