Recommended: Try Browzine to browse, read, and stay current with journals.
BrowZine Web Edition allows for desktop browsing of the popular web app, BrowZine, that allows you to browse, read, and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals in a format optimized for your iOS or Android device.
Newly acquired book series and encyclopedias:
- - - -
• Medline (Ebscohost) - Authoritative information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, and the equivalent of PubMed.
• International Pharmaceutical Abstracts - A comprehensive index covering 40 years of worldwide pharmaceutical literature.
• Facts & Comparisons Clinical eAnswers - Contains authoritative and comprehensive drug information with standards for reliability.
• Micromedex- a collection of many different drug information databases and a rich source of full-text tertiary literature. Use is prohibited at clinical sites. (For Neofax, please note the browser limitation.)
• AccessPharmacy - an online curricular resource for pharmacy education.
See a longer list of Core Resources for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
Looking for a specific item for which you know the title? Use these quick search tools:
Use the Scholar OneSearch Browse search to find books by title or author.
Use the A-Z database list.
What is the lock symbol? This means you can access the information if you are a Northeastern University affiliate (current student, faculty, or staff).
Nature Journals Online–The flagship journal Nature is is the most highly cited interdisciplinary science journal according to ISI's journal citation reports; NU's subscription includes a number of sister titles.
JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments, is the world's first peer reviewed scientific video journal.
The Library subscribes to the following sections of JoVE: Biology, Neuroscience, Bioengineering and sections of JoVE Science Education Database (General Lab Techniques, Basic Methods in Cellular and Molecular Biology, and Essentials of Neuroscience)
NEW: SimplyMap is now SimplyAnalytics.
Boston, as seen in OpenStreetMap.
Do you need to analyze an area's demographics in order to assess where pharmacy services are needed? Here is a resource that requires no technical knowledge of GIS software but allows you to create thematic maps and reports.
This mapping application helps you to visualize thousands of demographic, business, health, crime, and marketing data variables including Mediamark and Simmons Consumer Data. Data from 2000 onwards.
(current NU only)
NOTE: Use is prohibited at clinical sites.
We are pleased to announce the library’s acquisition of Micromedex, a collection of many different drug information databases and a rich source of full-text tertiary literature.
Included in our institutional subscription is onsite and remote access to the following resources:
• Drugs (DRUGDEX®, DrugNotes, RED BOOK™ Online)
• Drug interactions (DRUG-REAX®)
• Drug identification (IDENTIDEX®)
• Diseases (DISEASEDEX™)
• Toxicology (POISINDEX®)
• Laboratory tests (Lab Advisor®)
• Alternative medicines (AltMedDex®)
• IV compatibility (IV INDEX®)
• Patient education (CareNotes®, Detailed Drug Information for the Consumer)
as well as access to medical calculators and more Micromedex solutions.
For mobile device options, see:
NOTE: Use is prohibited at clinical sites.
PIVOT (COS) --funding opportunities--a database for locating funds for grants, fellowships, prizes and other types of funding from the public and private sector, including governments, foundations, and corporations
Science Citation Index (SCI) is a subset of the Web of Knowledge. After setting the search to SCI, use the Cited reference searching to track prior research, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of someone's work, and navigate forward, backward and through the literature of your discipline. Linked to EndNoteWeb.
Digital Dissertations and Theses Full-Text (ProQuest) Over 2 million entries, Proquest Dissertations is the single, central, authoritative resource for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses. More than 600,000 dissertations are available in native or image PDF formats for immediate free download. Dissertations published from 1980 forward include 350-word abstracts. Master's theses published from 1988 forward include 150-word abstracts.
Natural Medicines is an evidence-based database for alternative medicine. It uses rigorous standards to evaluate the efficacy and safety of herbs, supplements, and complementary treatments. For example, check to see if wheatgrass has any known adverse effects or interactions with other herbs, foods, or medicines.