Which type of search, for what kind of source, would be most likely to find evidence supporting these claims? Which type of source would be the most authoritative?
- A Midsummer Night's Dream follows Shakespeare's typical combination of classical and native English myths
- Samuel Pepys, in 1662, thought A Midsummer Night's Dream was "insipid"
- Specific linguistic features of Shakespeare's language in A Midsummer Night's Dream signal to the audience that it is a comedy
- The history of the production of A Midsummer Night's Dream serves as a history of Western theatre production
Hint: first think about what type of source, then choose where to look.
- Primary sources?
- In-depth histories?
- Specialized scholarly discussions?
- Encyclopedias and other overviews?